Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Homefront: Vivid Modern Florals

I bought a book called Rooms in Bloom a few years ago, about decorating with florals throughout design trends. A little outdated, but still some great ideas in there. I started picking through it again a few weeks ago and a few of my favorite images really grabbed me all over again. One of them I will be implementing in the nursery, I can't wait!
  

So, when I went thrifting and found these two vintage glass lamps, I couldn't decide what I wanted for shades. The book about florals must have inspired me. I brought home a few different shades and harp sizes, and nothing seemed to modernize the glass and bring personality in the room like I had wanted. When I found these bold purple floral shades at Garden Ridge, I was sold. I would have loved to get larger shades, but then they would not have sat as well on our little side tables. Now I am wanting to use more, bold florals in here.


While I have been loving these vivid purple florals for a few weeks now, I saw that Amy of Ten June guest posted on Censational Girl the other day about bringing back modern, bold, vivid florals to liven up spaces and was a little surprised I had picked up on a trend. There is some great advice (and examples) in the post on what to look for and how to do it so you don't feel like you are living in a 90's era garden room. Happy picking some florals, you will be glad you did!

Pin It
signature lisa 180x80 180ppi

1 comment:

Jessie said...

That shade is really cute. I love the colors. I miss Garden Ridge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails