Monday, April 25, 2011

Personal Style: Sailor Minnie


This looks reminds me of a Sailor and Minnie Mouse love child. I wore this length of elastic lace as a little scarf one day, and decided to use it as a headband bow, resulting in the Minnie Mouse ears reference.

 jacket: thrifted/ shirt: ?/ jeans: vanilla star/ shoes: steve madden/ bag; thrifted/ earrings: handmade

I love this bag. I bought it at Goodwill, left it there on accident, then drove back the next day to see if it had been purchased again. Fortunately, they believed me that I had bought it the day before and let me take it home. They kind of know me and my kids there, should I be embarrassed by that?

 

I felt like doing a fresh face this day. Make-up consists of a small hint of blush, light ivory eyeshadow under the brow and black eye shadow as a liner. I used it on a very small, dense angled brush to line my lashline and pulled it out about a half inch at an angle for a very subtle cat eye effect. I used a bit of black liner in the waterline of the eyes as well. Lipstick... I can never find a really good nude lip color that isn't too pink/orange/brown/matte/shimmery.... so, I used a touch of concealer (Maybelline Dream Mousse) and Carmex on top. Perfect nude lip stain.


4 comments:

Forever Young said...

Love the lacy headband:):):) Cute.

Meredith said...

hahaha! never be embarrassed by being known at goodwill/any thrift shops. you're in good company for sure;) PS: love the headband!
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Veronika Novotny said...

aww, love the adorable headband and the pretty stripes... perfect for spring. As for thrifting? It's the best. I frequent my local one ALL the time. xx veronika

my thrifty closet said...

You look so pretty with the headband. The bag is a good buy, you did the right thing by going back to the store:)

love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails