Thursday, September 16, 2010

Homefront: Living Room Picture Gallery Wall

The gallery wall is complete. We ended up moving furniture around, for whoever remembers my last post about this room. I had to stretch the gallery out a bit to cover this large space, so it isn't as neat and compact as my last one, but I like having one large art wall, instead of pictures randomly around the room. I ended up using some other pieces that I had in other rooms, but especially love my two new additions.

For whoever remembers my last post about this room, we switched the armoir and tv, and I think there is much better flow in here now.The room feels more functioning and like it doesn't revolve around this huge television.

I  miss my white slipcovers, but thought a change of scenery would be nice, so I am using my old Surefit brown ones instead. This time of year just calls for something a little less bright, though white would look pretty for Christmas time.
My mom visited for Labor Day and she brought with her this lovely housewarming gift. I have admired these paintings by Huldah Cherry Jeffe for several years now at our favorite antique mall, so this is a real treasure.

And my sister, who also visited with her family, brought me this adorable decoupaged sign from the same antique mall. I love the shape, colors, and especially that beautifully ornate antique key. My family really knows me. I'm not sure where to put it yet, but for now, it looks all fancy on this vintage shutter.

Wow, this beast of a fireplace looks so bare now that all of my art is on the wall. I agree, a large mirror would look best there, but the mantel is too weak to support one and I just can't get myself to drill and risk getting in trouble from the landlord. I thought keeping the color palate simple and neutral would look the best. Of course it will be changing frequently, as any of my blog readers know, I must change the mantle!

I still would like to get an area rug, a nice sized coffee table and some end tables, maybe make a cute garland for the mantel, maybe some paint on the armior and tv stand, our family pictures and plate wall up somewhere, but those temporal details can wait. Because all that really matters, are that these boys are happy. Off to make some queso.

 

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Everything looks so homey and put together!

Evie said...

thanks for your comment on my blog! that is one rockin' fire place and i love that cinderella looking coach on the mantle! enjoyed taking a peek inside your lovely home!

Lucy in the Clouds said...

What a wonderful room! A picture gallery like that is totally something I plan on doing once I'm a bit more gorwn up and settled!

Kelly said...

I know you miss your white slipcovers but seriously I love the brown ones too! I had to do a double take cuz i thought you had new sofas:) I love your new painting from your mom, it looks amazing on your picture gallery wall! I also have a massive brick fireplace and I've been begging my husband to let me paint it white but he just isn't feeling the painted brick look so I'm kind of stuck like you:( I think I'm going to purchase a couple of real or silk plants to sit on the hearth to hide some of the brick, I'll let you know how it goes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails