Friday, July 16, 2010

Fashion: Hobo Chic

the sartorialist

 For some reason, I've been dressing like a fancy hobo lately. Don't get me wrong, I still wear my white or grey v neck jersey shirts and jeans all the time, but when I dress up... it's always something so hobo chic.

idee fixe blouse modcloth

I'd like to think my hobo chic dressing is somewhat quirky and yet, classy like in these pics... but I'm afraid on me... it looks more like frumpville, secondhand, bag-lady girl. And that isn't a good look. Certainly not a picture worthy one.

ruffle front skirt by love to love you

But, I suppose it's true.. I mean a stress-eating girl has got to find a way to hide a growing muffin top somehow, right? Flowy, loose fitting shirts and low rise pants are key. And no tie back tops... too easily mistaken for maternity. Ruffles always help, and so do cross waisted styles and side ruching.


Maybe... I can wear something with a waist soon... It's to the gym after our move in a few weeks.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just found your blog and am just so smitten. Love it!!! Can't wait to look around more. I love the idea of a fancy hobo. Amazing.

xx
Rebekka

Kristina P. said...

This is my kind of stuff. I really love girly, feminine stuff. Love ruffles and bows.

Diana said...

I'm sure you look like the fanciest of hobos!

I know what you mean though about feeling frumpy. I bought a pair of jean shorts awhile ago to be my "comfy" pair and I'm a little scared I accidentally bought from the maternity section. The thing is they fit really well. And I'm not pregnant. Ugh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails