Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Homefront: Colorful Vintage Master Bedroom

This was our master bedroom. Yes, this is the 70's french provincial dresser we had before I was born. We had the works, dressing bench, canopy bed, nightstands, dressers, chest... it's a very popular set and I see it online, in 70's themed movies, blogs, antique malls....  this is the only piece that is left over the years.

My painted striped cake stand tutorial is here. I love how I can add depth and height with it. 
I love my mom's vintage "Merry Mushroom" cookie jar from Sears Roebuck . Too bad the lid cap broke.
I see this mushroom kitchen set all the time at antique malls, Ebay, Ruby Lane and Etsy.


Some fun vintage jewels... the heart and wheat brooch was my grandmother's


I love this mermaid mommy and son aceo by Wendy Gaffaney.

Our only printed family photo... 2 years ago. I dry brushed orange on the raised frame and matted the photo area with a fabric swatch. I used the same fabric on our tv stand windows,  pillows, lamp and other elements.


It wouldn't be our bedroom without a line up of some of our boys cars. They really love organizing them.


I used a vintage sheet to hide the storage drawers of my jewelry making and craft supplies. One day, the jewelry holders and shelving will be painted and organized better, but this is the best I could do for the time.


Many of these haven't even been added to my shop yet, but lots more goodies are at Jeweled Ambrosia.


Some of my favorite prints, from The Dreamy Girraffe and The Black Apple.

Our bedroom plate wall post can be seen here. Basically, I got tons of pretty plates from Goodwill.


Love this Misty book and my little brass owl family. I painted this letter holder a soft pink, and love it.




I love changing up vintage lines with our white down comforter. It's very cheerful and springy right now, 



5 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

LOVE that painted headboard and plates. Looks fabulous!

Bethany Dirksen said...

I had a dresser extremely similar to that one with the mirror growing up. Brings back memories!

Jessie said...

I love all the necklaces displayed like that! So much pretty eyecandy. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the painted headboard. It looks so Shabby Chick!
btw, if you feel like it, stop by my blog to enter my one year blogiversary giveaway

Anonymous said...

Oh wow those plates on the wall are brilliant! Love the headboard too, I want something like that but worried I would knock my head on it all the time!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails